What to expect before and during the installation process:
- The installation is a 3-5 day job, depending on the installer. RoamRig mobile and jobs at RoamRig in CT will be completed the same day.
- Ask the installer for additional guidance about timing and any necessary arrangements when they contact you to schedule the job.
- If your van has any accessories installed that impact the installation time of the system, your installer will bill you directly for time and materials related to delays from these non-standard items. Examples of these accessories may include skid plates, cell boosters, winches, lights, etc.
How to prepare for your installation:
We look forward to totally transforming your power system! Before dropping off your van for installation, please complete all of the following so that the installation will go as smoothly as possible:
First Generation* Revels only:
- Fully empty the overhead cabinet above the bench seat/dinette
- Remove any personal items attached to the control panel wall, seat, etc.
- Remove any bags/carriers/accessories attached to driver/passenger seats
- Remove any floor coverings (carpet, mats, etc) around the bench seat
- Remove any aftermarket accessories that may impact the installation time of your power system. This includes skid plates, cell boosters, winches, lights, custom shelving, GLSS system, etc. If you have any questions about this at all, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remove any aftermarket or custom shelving
- Wash and clean the bottom of your van if your van has been off road or is otherwise excessively dirty
- If your van has been winterized and you want the plumbing leak checked after the installation, please de-winterize it before it goes to the installer or they will not be able to test the plumbing.
- If your van has any rust underneath, it may be impossible to remove the rear battery box due to corroded fasteners. While fasteners can be cut to remove the box, one of the fasteners is very close to glycol plumbing and a brake line, which makes cutting the fastener off very risky.
2nd and 3rd Generation* Revels only:
- Empty the entire garage area of the van and make sure the bed can go completely up (do not pile stuff on top of the bed that prevents it from moving upward)
- Remove personal items attached to the control panel wall, seat, etc.
- Remove any bags/carriers/accessories attached to driver/passenger seats.
- Remove any floor coverings (carpet, mats, etc) around the bench seat.