ONLY UPDATE INVERTER FIRMWARE IF YOU ARE HAVING AN ISSUE AND HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO DO SO BY ROAMRIG SUPPORT!!!
- Inverter remote and cord that were supplied to you when your system was installed
- Flash drive 16gb or under that is freshly formatted to Fat32 (if using Windows) or MS-DOS (Mac equivalent of Fat32). Instructions here for Mac and here for Windows. NOTE: IF THE FLASH DRIVE IS NOT COMPLETELY EMPTY AND FORMATTED CORRECTLY, YOU MAY "BRICK" YOUR INVERTER WHICH NECESSITATES REPLACEMENT OF THE INVERTER!!
- Download inverter firmware (R3.1) at the bottom of the page (PyUpdata.bin). Do not extract this file or change the name. Put the file on the flash drive.
Steps to upload firmware to the inverter:
- Ensure that you are not connected to shore power and that the inverter toggle switch on the RoamRig control panel is OFF!
- Turn on the inverter using the remote and look at Rx.x rx.x (firmware revision levels). If the Rx.x is below 1.8, please contact RoamRig for instructions on how to proceed as you CANNOT go straight to 3.1 without an interim step.
- Follow steps in the video below. DO NOT TURN THE INVERTER OFF OR REMOVE THE USB STICK BEFORE THE DISPLAY SAYS "END"!!!
- Ensure that the firmware revision is correct after you are complete. It should say "R3.x" followed by rx.x (where x can be any revision level) after you are complete.
- Turn the inverter OFF using the remote before using it with on-off switch on the control panel.